Wednesday 28 January 2015

Good bye textbooks..

Today my maid was clearing my room and asked whether she could (finally) clear my unwanted texts, files and notes I have not touched for years. I gladly agreed.

I used to have the habit of keeping ALL my textbooks religiously for fear that I may need them if I ever meet an unsolvable problem at work. My belief was shattered as over the past decade, nothing of such happened. 



No wonder I do not see any plumber or air con technician bringing along their work manual to my home! The notes and text I have “saved up” no longer serve any purpose other than giving me lift to nostalgia lane. Over the years I have accumulated a lot of books but not knowledge; a lot of information but not intelligence; learnt a lot of case studies but not actionable plans. Are they worth keeping if they no longer serve the purpose of education?

I am a firm believer that the purpose of education is to fill an empty mind to an open one; thus I would gladly trade them for a cleaner room.  

Finally, I have more breathing space to fill up an open mind!


No comments:

Post a Comment